Alec Baldwin is using the eternal words of Emily Dickinson to share his emotion prior to his wedding to fiancee Hilaria Thomas.
The smitten actor, 54, took to Twitter to share Dickinson's famed "'Twas A Long Parting" poem.
"'T was a long parting, but the time For interview had come; Before the judgment-seat of God, The last and second time These fleshless lovers met, A heaven in a gaze, A heaven of heavens, the privilege Of one another's eyes," he Tweeted, quoting the romantic verse on Saturday. "No lifetime set on them, Apparelled as the new Unborn, except they had beheld, Born everlasting now. Was bridal e'er like this? A paradise, the host, And cherubim and seraphim The most familiar guest."
Prior to his poetic posts, the "30 Rock" star shared another love-themed whim - borrowing from the biblical passage 1 Corinthians 13:13.
"But now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love," he wrote.
Alec also re-Tweeted a well-wish from Father Edward Beck, a New York-based Catholic priest, who wrote, "Blessings + on your special day. Hope you can get beyond the circus to savor the Sacrament."
Alec began dating his soon-to-be wife Hilaria in the summer of 2011. The pair became engaged in April 2012 and is set to wed on Saturday in New York City.
Copyright 2012 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Happily Ever After See photo updates of the sTORIbook Weddings couples after they've tied the knot.
- Tori’s Candids We asked Tori to answer a few questions for us. Check out her responses! Don’t forget to tune in to the sTORIbook Wedding premiere on Wednesday, April 6th at 10/9c.
- Snapped 809: Erika Sifrit Here’s a scene from Snapped 809: Erika Sifrit.
- Insider’s Guide to the Shabby Chic Wedding Check out this insider's guide to the Shabby Chic wedding!
- Arabian Nights Wedding Details Check out the wedding details from Sherine & George's Arabian Nights Wedding!